20141013

You're not forgotten, scarf balls.

 photo IMG_4123.jpg



So here's the thing about October in the District.
It feels a little bit like cheating.

Early in the month I unwadded my scarves, fretting about the certain frost soon to come.  But then pleasant day followed pleasant day, and I continue to wear gray v-necks unshrouded in any additional layers.  My scarves have become re-wadded in that space between my bed and the wall and all in all I feel like October deserves a medal.

During my visit to Utah mid-September, leaves were already starting to change. Out here we're mid-October and the green is holding steady.

 photo IMG_6541.jpg

 photo IMG_3478.jpg


Other October Opdates  Updates
(couldn't do it even for the sake of alliteration)

 photo IMG_5982.jpg

+ Arlington for the evening

 photo IMG_3637.jpg

+ my favorite riverside view.   evenings feature excessively aggressive ducks and/or yachts.


 photo IMG_6031.jpg


+ I can't believe it's taken me so long to eat at one of José Andres's restaurants. Who am I kidding. Of course I can believe it. Because 2 ounces of food will cost you an elbow and a knee.  BUT.  JALEO??!  WORTH IT.  I am sold on tapas.

Keep on keepin on, October baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment